Kender Uncensored

Sitemeter

Send Me $

Recent Comments

Top Commenters

My Articles at PJ Media

The Imaginary Book

The Drunk Scotsman

The Scotsman

Uncle Kender

Labels

Gimme some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"

Technorati

Technorati search

    Warning Will Robinson!

    Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

    You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

    Blog Archive

    Blogs I Like

    In no particular order):
    Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

    The Other Side Of The Street

    New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
    (for NY Libs)
    The name say it all
    (Pissed Liberals)
    Luna Kitten
    See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

    Iraqi Blogs

    101st Fighting Keyboardists

    The Wide Awakes

    Wow...Kender acts FAST when I leave him a comment with the word *NOW* in it. I noticed he hasn't put up any new posts for a few days so I yelled at him (sweetly of course.) He immediately sent me keys to this site so I could help him out. So here I am, Raven the mad woman.

    I was reading my local news paper and came across this gem:

    Rollinsford — Grammy-winning musician Robert Cray spent yesterday standing in a hayfield surrounded by shoes while his wife ordered him around.

    Cray has toured the world, played with icons of music and been recorded on nearly 40 records, but he was fine with the arrangement. The world-class bluesman was in this 3,000-person town off Route 4 near the Maine border to film a music video for “Twenty,” the anti-war title track from his latest album.

    “I just want people to see what I deem as a war for no reason, but only for greed,” Cray told reporters during a break in filming. “There’s been nothing proven about weapons of mass destruction or anything like that and all these boots out here are of innocent victims.”

    The 2,027 pairs of black military boots spread behind Cray were courtesy of the American Friends Service Committee traveling exhibit “Eyes Wide Open.” Each pair represents a U.S. soldier killed in Iraq. To date, the exhibit has traveled to more than 60 cities. Organizers call it a memorial to those killed and “a witness to our belief that no war can justify its human cost.”

    Spread in neat, tombstone-like lines in front of a leafless hickory tree in Todd and Kristin Adelman’s field, the boots took more than six hours to set up. They covered about 32,000 square feet, according to Marq Anderson, the “Eyes Wide Open” tour manager.


    Isn't this special? Using the boots of our men and women in the military to get a point out? How does this make any point other than to disrespect those who gave all in the name of freedom? Really now. These musicians need to use more mature methods to speak their tune. Sheesh. It's one CD I won't be buying.
    blog comments powered by Disqus