The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- Banning Trans Fats Hurts Bio Diesel Industry
- Islamic Group Vows to Attack Olympics
- We Should Make This A Flag
- Does Barack Obama Violate The Mythical Separation ...
- Too Many People Actually Believe This Way
- Stupidity, Insanity and Reality
- An Ode to the Boob
- Islam in a Nut Shell
- Moonbats On Parade
- OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST
- Shuckin' and Jivin' through the election
- Obama Math
- Immigration Haikus
- Making Fun of Obama
- You Might Be A Taliban If....
- Barack Claims Law Enforcement is Terrorism, Vigila...
- One Million Names?
- I Demand....
- Racism Found in Food Choices
- There's A Fight A-Brewing Toby, an' It's Lookin' M...
- No, No...It's A Safety Issue and We'll Only Use Th...
- Chucky Schumer (Dumbass-NY) Screws the Pooch
- Be Careful What You Ask For
- The Energy Solution
- Predictions, Prognostications and Pessimistic Opti...
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2007 (74)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
As one can see from the graphic here (click this) the actual number of people on the list is 60% less than the ACLU claim. What SHOULD be shouted from the rooftops is the following bit from this report;
Between the TSC’s inception in December 2003 and May 2007, the TSC
documented more than 99,000 encounters for which its call center was contacted. TSC data shows that 53.4 percent of these calls were determined to be a positive match to a terrorist watchlist identity in the TSDB. In
cases, the TSC contacted the FBI, which is responsible for initiating any necessary law enforcement action. In 43.4 percent of these calls, it
determined that the encountered individual did not match the watchlisted identity, and the TSC Call Center staff instructed the frontline screening agent of this resolution. In the remaining 3.2 percent of the encounters,
TSC Call Center staff could not definitively determine if the match was positive or negative and therefore forwarded these calls to the FBI.
In other words, OVER HALF of the calls from watch list hits were matches. Three point two percent could not be determined whether it was a terrorist or not. Two million people fly in the U.S. a day. Three percent of two million people is SIXTY THOUSAND PEOPLE. How many terrorist attacks have been thwarted because of this list?
Given the time frame of the calls that is over 3.1 billion travelers over the time frame at 2 million travelers a day. Three percent of 3 billion. what is that? like NINETY MILLION PEOPLE?
Of course the actual number of people held up by this list is much lower than sixty thousand a day, as most folks that travel in the U.S are American citizens and the actual number of Americans on this list is much lower than 400 thousand., so much lower in fact that given that 95% of the people on it aren't even Americans and we get a number of about 20 thousand people on it.
Twenty thousand people on the list out of three hundred million? By my math that is well under one one hundredth of a percent to end up on this list. Seems to me to be a very small price to pay for safety in air travel. Seems to me that such a small number of AMERICAN citizens on a list that the AMERICAN Civil liberties Union is lying about wouldn't really be a cause for concern for most right thinking people, but we aren't speaking of right thinking people here, we're discussing the ACLU and their lies.
The only other thing that bothers me is the fact that the AMERICAN civil liberties union is so concerned with the civil liberties of people that aren't American citizens, aren't covered by our laws and don't have a damned bit of standing in our legal system.
But then, the ACLU has a long standing history of aiding and abetting our enemies both foreign and domestic and we certainly don't expect them to start acting like American Patriots now.