The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- Banning Trans Fats Hurts Bio Diesel Industry
- Islamic Group Vows to Attack Olympics
- We Should Make This A Flag
- Does Barack Obama Violate The Mythical Separation ...
- Too Many People Actually Believe This Way
- Stupidity, Insanity and Reality
- An Ode to the Boob
- Islam in a Nut Shell
- Moonbats On Parade
- OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST
- Shuckin' and Jivin' through the election
- Obama Math
- Immigration Haikus
- Making Fun of Obama
- You Might Be A Taliban If....
- Barack Claims Law Enforcement is Terrorism, Vigila...
- One Million Names?
- I Demand....
- Racism Found in Food Choices
- There's A Fight A-Brewing Toby, an' It's Lookin' M...
- No, No...It's A Safety Issue and We'll Only Use Th...
- Chucky Schumer (Dumbass-NY) Screws the Pooch
- Be Careful What You Ask For
- The Energy Solution
- Predictions, Prognostications and Pessimistic Opti...
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2007 (74)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
A not so funny side effect of the skyrocketing demand for buses and trains, outside of the fact that people are finding themselves standing on the roadside as buses too full to pick them up go zooming past, is the fact that increased public transportation ridership will actually lower tax revenue as people buy less fuel. Less fuel purchased means less fuel taxes paid. Less taxes paid means less money to dump into the historically money losing public transportation business.
Are you seeing a circular problem here?
But don't worry, the folks in charge are on the problem already, with Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky and Maine raising fuel taxes this year already, so those of us that have not yet adopted the socialist Utopian vision of bus rider heaven will be paying more at the pump to subsidize your overcrowded and dilapidated ride home this evening.
The one thing that is really going to hit home is the fact that transit systems have to buy fuel also and will be buying more of it as ridership increases (it costs more in fuel to haul more people) which means fares will rise, maybe not to the point of driving people back into their cars (pardon the pun) but rise they will.
So here's what we have. High gas prices are driving people to use publicly subsidized transportation that gets part of its funding from fuel taxes. As a result there are less fuel taxes to spend on public transportation, and public transportation is having to spend more money on the high priced gas that caused its ridership to increase in the first place. The end game being fares will increase to help defray the cost of increased fuel consumption by the transportation companies and the loss of fuel tax revenue, forcing poor people to either get a bike or walk to work.
Then the bus and trains will be the domain of the people that pay for them, the taxpayer, and not the homeless guy that's on there smelling up the place and snoring in the corner. On the other hand, having all those poor folks riding bikes and walking everywhere will make them much healthier and they'll live longer which will cost us more in the long run. I mean, really, how many old waitresses do we need anyway? If this is allowed to continue we'll have a world full of fit, bicycle riding Flo's from Mel's Diner running around telling us to kiss her grits.
I don't know if I could handle a world like that.
It seems too much like my family reunion.