The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- A Word On Change
- Two Americas
- Here's a Thought
- Where Will We Be In Five Years?
- Congressman Brad Sherman, Socialist Twit or Misgui...
- Anyone Against Obama Hates The Irish
- I think I too Chose the Wrong Occupation
- The Insanity of Barack Obama
- Obama's New Seal
- The AP Knows Where It Can Go
- The Failure of American Imperialism (and a promise...
- A Bit of Levity for A Hot June Day
- Starving Janitors Threaten to Strike in Sacramento...
- Americans For Prosperity Already Taxed to the Max ...
- A Bit of Obscure Religious Obscurity.
- "We no longer have a moral compass" and why that i...
- Denied and Rejected, Ken Sherman Continues His Ast...
- Ken Sherman, Lying Whiner or Whining Liar? You Dec...
- UPDATE On Ken Sherman, 40th District California
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2007 (74)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
He has also proclaimed that taxation upon the profits of oil companies to be redistributed in one thousand dollar increments to the "middle class" will ease the short term pain of paying over 4 dollars a gallon for gas.
OK, now it's time for a WTF moment. Drilling is a gimmick just like surgery to remove a tumor is simply a diversionary tactic to distract the patient from the wizard in the corner casting Tumor-Be-Gone. Everybody knows that the real way you get oil out of the ground is to wish it up, right?
Seriously, if we don't drill for it how are we going to extract it? Maybe we can get the Good Reverend Jeremiah "So Wrong" Wright to come yell at it until it surrenders and seeps out of the ground on it's own accord. Or maybe we can get Tony Rezko to get some of his guys to make an offer to the oil to get it to come out on its' own. Or maybe the Obamessiah can get Bill Ayers to go blow the oil out of the ground for him.
Either way, stating that drilling for oil is a gimmick is insane and a lie and pandering to the envirowackos that want us to live in mud huts eating tofu to "Save nature."
As for taxing the "record multi-billion dollar profits of the oil companies" there are two things to point out. One is that taxes are ALWAYS passed on in the price of goods and services and taxing the multi-billion dollar profits is simply a new tax on the people. The second thing to point out is those "record profits" came from record sales and the profit margin of the oil companies is running just under 10% which any business man worth his portfolio will tell you is acceptable but far from obscene.
You wanna tax someone with obscene profits?
Try Google. Almost 25%.
Yahoo? Almost 15%.
What about Microsoft? Almost 29% profit margin.
By comparison Exxon Mobil is just over 10% profit margin.
So is the government now going to dictate what the profit margin of a company can be? Are they going to dictate that after a certain profit margin is reached that all monies after that go to the government to dole out to the poor saps that have to deal with these rapacious companies that are sucking Joe Sixpack's pockets dry?
Or is it just the evil oil companies that the government will go after for "obscene profits?"
Take away those "obscene profits" and exploration and drilling and research into cleaner burning fuels will cease to exist. Either that or the oil companies will, on paper, start running at a loss.
Only someone like a politician or an idiot would say raising taxes will cut prices and only a charlatan that has something up his sleeve would say that using the best accepted method for extracting oil is nothing more than a gimmick.
So the only question I now have, given that "Our Savior" IS a politician and is expected to lie and pander is what does Barack Hussein Obama have up his Charlatanian sleeve?