The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- ► 2008 (218)
- Dr Gene Rogers, A Victim of Law Breaking Bureaucra...
- Where the Hell is My Fatwa, Bitch?
- A Couple of Thing to Ponder
- A Sad Farewell......
- An Open Letter To Socialists
- Man left on Airport Curb for Three Days, Suffers S...
- meaty's newest theme song
- Rugged Individualism, The American Way
- I Think I Shall Become A Socialist
- Just a rant
- The Amtrak Misery Blues (or AMTRAK SUCKS!!!)
- Meathead's Theme Song
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
The Yangtze River Dolphin, one of only four exclusively fresh water dolphins in the world is now "functionally extinct" says a scientist that conducted a six week 2000 mile survey of the Yangtze river without spotting even one of the creatures.
This is exacerbated by China's explosive growth, lax environmental rules and large hydrological projects.
One the one hand this doesn't bode well for China, as a river that can't sustain the dolphin probably won't be able to sustain people either. That's just common sense.
On the other hand I am not going to feel bad about the chinese getting into a bind. They made their bed, now they gotta sleep in it. Maybe if they are busy trying to figure out how to take care of the 6% of the worlds population that lives next to the Yangtze they'll be too busy to continue to build up their military with an eye towards being the big kid on the block.
And that can't be a bad thing for us.
On the third hand (hey, whaddya want? River pollution does funny things) this just shows that animals that can adapt will survive, and those that can't don't.
I mean, come on, the damned thing was mostly blind and relied on sonar for finding food? So what did we lose here? I blind mammal.
There is a reason that animals have eyes, and those that lose that sense usually end up dying because of it.
Trust me, nature knows what she's doing, folks.