The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- Sarah Palin Nude, Naked, Topless Bikini Pics
- Barackales Obamacus
- An Open Letter to Future Supreme Leader Barack Oba...
- Obama's New Ghetto Plan
- Save the Cheerleaders
- What Men REALLY Want In A Wife
- I Am Running For President
- Bumper Sticker Ideas
- There Isn't Enough Racism in the World Today
- Obama's Lost Brother, Will We Get the Same Treatme...
- If Obama Gets Elected We Have Lost Our Soul
- No Day Laborer Left Behind
- A Messed Up Fairy Tale of sorts
- Cult Starved Toddler for Refusing to say "Amen"
- The Other Side of the Street
- Anarchists Band Together to Extort Denver, Destroy...
- Clueless Dhimmi of the Day; UoTA Associate Profess...
- Regarding Nature Deficit Disorder as a Civil Right...
- Claymore Advisors Llc Dumps Tyson, Here's Why You ...
- Teens Charged in Fatal Immigrant Beating
- 32 Illegal Immigrants Do Community Service---By Be...
- Delta Airlines, The Amtrak of the Skies
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2007 (74)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
Mickey Rooney got heartburn when he learned why his 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" had been pulled for "Ratatouille" at East Sacramento's free Screen on the Green movie series Saturday night.
"Ratatouille? Never heard of it!" Rooney, 87, said in his classic Brooklyn accent in a spirited phone interview from his southern California home this weekend.
One of the most beloved and enduring movie actors in American history, Rooney was shocked to hear his comic role as Mr. Yunioshi, Audrey Hepburn's cantankerous upstairs neighbor, had been branded racist by several Asian American activists in Sacramento.
More about that in a moment. First let me address one of the major problems we have in this country today. The love some groups have for hyphenating their race with "-American" is really getting on my last nerve. We used to "the melting pot" and groups that were here simply called themselves "Americans." Now, under the friggin guise of "multi-culturalism" and "diversity" (which actually means "disunity"-look it up I am serious) we have everyone breaking into little groups of hyphenated Americans.
Let me tell you something, if you can't be proud enough to simply be an American then pack your fucking bags and go back to the shithole you or your forebears immigrated from. If being something besides a plain American isn't fucking good enough for you then you don't deserve to live here and myself and the rest of the plain old Americans would be very glad to be rid of your ungrateful ass.
I am serious. If you don't like being labeled simply "American" then get the fuck outta my country.
Back on topic.
When a group has to go looking at a movie from 40+ years ago to find something to complain about they are really reaching. Are they angry an asian was played by a white man? Are they mad about his accent? His make-up? Turns out they are angry at that and more;
CAPITAL (Council of Asian Pacific Islanders Together for Advocacy and Leadership), an umbrella group for more than 90 local organizations, told the Sacramento City Council that Rooney's buck-toothed Japanese character with thick glasses and exaggerated Asian accent perpetuated "offensive, derogatory and hateful racial stereotypes detrimental and destructive to our society."
All I have to say about that is "Ah-So glasshopper you have learned well from your indock-nation at the People's University and your complaints will not go un-noticed."
So in honor of this whiny group and Anti-Americans (how's THAT for hyphenating?) I present to you a clip of Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi from that classic, Breakfast at Tiffanys.