The Imaginary Book
Gimme some love
Warning Will Robinson!
Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.
You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (29)
- ► 2008 (218)
- Dora the Explorer Deported
- Carbon Credits? How about Size Credits for That N...
- Just A Thought
- Flight 93 Meorial to the Terrorist Scum that kille...
- The War on Christmas-Edition Two (Updated)
- Ron Paul?
- Stop the Memorial Blogburst: Why only 38 Memorial...
- Bumper Sticker of the Day
- Stop The Aclu Blogburst
- The North America UNion is coming
- Put Up or Shut Up--The Plan to Destroy the Democra...
- Dodge Ball, Tag and Hugs--Scourges of the Modern D...
- Stop the Flight 93 Murdoch Terrorist Memorial Blog...
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2006 (253)
- ► 2005 (378)
Blogs I Like
Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?
- RG in The Low Country!(Right)
- Mackers World(Right)
- Ric and Georgina at Release The Hounds!(Right)
- RN at Dead Republican Presidents!
- Kat, sometimes in pajamas!
- Madtom at ThisFuckingWar! (Right)
- Michael J. Totten sets things straight!(Right)
- Maxedoutmama is a research Goddess!(Right)
- Andrightlyso! smacks on idiots!(Right)
- Where's Your Brain?(Right)
- Warm'n'fuzzy conserva-puppies>(Right)
- Crymeariverbend2 has a gnarly truth stick!(Right)
- Jeffrey at IBC is HQ for Iraqi bloggings(Right)
- The Sandmonkey cuts through the APU!(Right)
- The Lone Ranger
A Man of Rare Integrity! (Right)
- Out of the Ashes(Right)
- Tazmedic(Right) (Read the archives!)
- Amandarin(Right) (A clever friend from the other side of the street)
- Literal Lunacy
A Most Beloved Friend!
The Other Side Of The Street
(for NY Libs)
The name say it all
See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!
Now we have another scourge of childhood that is going to go the way of the dodo, liberty and common sense.
That's right, hugging.
First off a tip o' me tam to Ogre.
Now for The Rant:
What kind of kids are we raising? With the reports yesterday out of The Boston Herald about doctors gathering lifestyle information about people from their children during exams to the insane tales of playgrounds banning dodge ball and tag, and now hugs, I fear we are creating a generation of pussified cry-babies that will be more than willing to prattle on to authorities about every little thing that scares them or that is deemed "wrong" or "dangerous."
Here's a short story for you. A friend of mine has a little sister. She was 12 when this happened. This little sister started being a bit rambunctious. Dad put down the hammer and grounded her and threatened, THREATENED to spank her. But the lovely teachers at her school informed her and her classmates that "your parents can't hit you and if they do or say they are going to then call child protective services."
So she did. They came out and told dad in no uncertain terms, "you can't spank her, and if you do we will take her away and put you in jail."
Result? One unruly child that once stated in front of me "You can't tell me what to do or else you will go to jail" as she walked her 14 year old ass out the door at 10 at night to go to a friends house. My advice to dad was give her tough love. Call the cops and have her picked up.
We are raising a generation of sissified cry babies, children brought up with government intrusion and direction at every turn, brainwashed to believe that government is the cure for all that ails you, there from the cradle to the grave.
We are creating a generation of children that, quite simply put, cannot think for themselves. It has been said that Freedom is only one generation from disappearing, that it must be nurtured like a flame lest it go out.
I fear we are watching the last flickering flames of freedom, and when they go out the world will truly be a dark, cold and scary place.