Kender Uncensored

Sitemeter

Send Me $

Recent Comments

Top Commenters

My Articles at PJ Media

The Imaginary Book

The Drunk Scotsman

The Scotsman

Uncle Kender

Labels

Gimme some love

You can email me here

Atom.xml

I am THE
Snarky Kender
of the
TTLB Ecosystem

New Tagline:
"Got Kender?"

Technorati

Technorati search

    Warning Will Robinson!

    Feel free to post comments, rants, or even personal attacks. It simply shows your wish for taunting if you do the latter.

    You can say anything you want here. But if you get stupid I reserve the right to point it out, call you lots of inventive names and laugh like hell.

    Blog Archive

    Blogs I Like

    In no particular order):
    Note: "right" either means this blogger is correct or that they lean right. I know what I mean by it. How do you take it?

    The Other Side Of The Street

    New York Liberals that aren't all that bad
    (for NY Libs)
    The name say it all
    (Pissed Liberals)
    Luna Kitten
    See? I told you I had a liberal friend!!!

    Iraqi Blogs

    101st Fighting Keyboardists

    The Wide Awakes

    I simply cannot believe this!



    While talking to a friend of mine the other day about the state of affairs in the world in general, and the war in Iraq in particular, I was astounded to learn how much she simply didn't know about what is going on in the world.

    First some background. This friend is someone I admire....alot. She is intelligent, talented, ambitious, dedicated to her vision, and receiving her masters degree in her chosen field from a prestigious university. She completely rocks and I am proud to call her friend.

    However, being in college she has the luxury of a very liberal view of the world. I say luxury because I believe it is a luxury to be able to sit back with a liberal world view and TSK TSK at the war and Americas policies in general. Once most people get to the real world their eyes open up and reality hits them, and most people realize how the world works and drift away from a hardline liberal view. I believe it was Churchill that said, "Everyone is a liberal at 20, and a conserative at 40." I may have paraphrased that but the point remains.

    Speaking of that, back on point. My friend backed Kerry, and despises Bush, and doesn't understand why we are at war, or what the consequences would be if we pulled out now. She was completely unaware of so much history...of the fact that a country called Palestine has never existed...of the fact that islamic factions are slowly taking over Europe...of the murder of Theo Van Gogh and the causes that led to it and the backlash that has arisen from it...nor was she aware of the corrupt food-for-oil program and the fact that france, Germany and Russia were all in on that and opposed us at every turn because of financial concerns.

    Her only argument was "I don't think it's right that we are killing innocent people in Iraq." I don't like that fact either. Perhaps we are creating 2 more terrorists for each one we kill. Eventually though the word will get out that the propaganda the islamic schools feed their children is false. Propaganda such as the jews caused 9-11 and all the jewish people were gone from the building when the planes hit. Propaganda that the U.S. is on a holy crusade with the goal of wiping out muslims.

    It scares me to think that alot of these kids in college that were, (are) so rabidly anti-Bush could know so little about why America is following the course laid out now, by history and current events, and why we must stay that course, not only for the betterment of America, but the betterment of the world.

    On the other hand, I sure am glad that the huge turnout of college kids swearing to vote for kerry never materialized.

    So my hearty thanks to all those college kids that were going to "Rock The Vote"....thanks for sleeping in and not voting. Your blessed laziness may save us yet.
    blog comments powered by Disqus